NATURALIZATION AND CITIZENSHIP
Some Of The Prerequisites To Be Eligible To Apply For Citizenship Are:
- You are 18 years old or older.
- You are a Permanent Resident of the United States.
- You have been a Permanent Resident of the United States for 5 years or more or you qualify under the three year criteria: You are married to and living with a U.S. Citizen, you have been married for at least the past 3 years, your spouse has been a U.S. Citizen for at least the past three years, during the past three years you have not been out of the country for 18 months or more.
- You have not been out of the United States for 30 months or more if you’ve been a Permanent Resident for 5 years or more.
- You have not taken a trip out of the United States that lasted one year or more during the last 5 years or the last 3 years if you qualify under the 3 year criteria.
- You have resided for the last 3 months in the district or state in which you are applying for citizenship.
- You can read, write, and speak Basic English.
- You know the fundamentals of U.S. history and the form and principles of the U.S. government.
- You are a person of good moral character.
Application for citizenship should be done thru an experienced immigration attorney since there are various circumstances that can affect your application which are not listed here and depending also on the individual’s personal history the immigration attorney would guide you thru the proper method of application.